Monday, September 9, 2013

Daily Bread

I know that I have talked a lot in this space about how important daily study and connection with others is to my success, or lack of, in this battle. It has become clear to me on so many occasions that if I am grumpy, weak, cranky, triggered or things are not going well in my life, chances are I have not been actively engaged in daily study for a period of time.

Recently the LDS Church released a new Mormon Channel video that addresses this concept that I wanted to share here. This was shared with me last week by a friend in recovery and it was a great reminder that just as going 2-3 days without eating would leave me in a weakened and diminished state physically, failure to feast upon the word of God leaves me lacking spiritually.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.



3 comments:

  1. very, very much enjoyed. One thing that I thought about while watching this was how I can't stand to eat a pb&j sandwich two days in a row, and that everyday I spoil myself with a different meal. To live on Manna for years is absolutely unfathomable to me. I can't even comprehend that. I can recognize how I am prone to bitterness in that situation. I would say, "REally God? Again? You can't send pizza at least once?" Whereas I know other's default would be, "Thank You God for providing for us again."

    and now I recommend this article: http://www.lds.org/ensign/2012/01/recognizing-gods-hand-in-our-daily-blessings?lang=eng&query=give+us+this+day+our+daily+bread

    it was in the Jan 2012 ensign, and I was very impacted by it at that time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is based off Elder Christofferson's January 2011 CES talk. I LOVE that talk! It helped me through so many dark periods. It aids me now. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you wonder if the manna changed flavor? Wouldn't that be cool?!

    ReplyDelete