Friday, November 1, 2013

10,000

When I created this blog back in February, I really didn't know what to expect. In fact my original plan was to make it private and just use it as an online journal of sorts and then down the road when I was "better", I would unveil my story to the world. This was something I struggled with a lot early on. I couldn't be open or honest with anyone about anything until I had moved forward and could come from a position of strength.

Ultimately I started to see the value of the community and interacting with other bloggers and community members. I found that I gained strength and hope through honesty and openly sharing with others. What had started out exceedingly private ended up becoming extremely public as I would eventually make my story and my entire journey public.

So here we are almost 9 months later and things are wonderful. Far from perfect but still wonderful. And to my surprise, a couple days ago I reached 10,000 page views. This is pretty humbling to me that people would see enough value in what I had to share that my blog would generate that much traffic.

It is just a number, but it inspires me to keep going, to keep sharing and to keep being honest. There is power and strength in honesty. We truly are only as sick as our secrets.

Thanks for sharing my journey!

~~~ Tim

1 comment: