Sunday, June 2, 2013

Reclaimed

So it has been a whirlwind day.  My wife and older boys headed off to Montana early this morning to drop the oldest 2 boys off for some quality time with Grandma and Grandpa for a few weeks.  Sidreis will be home later tonight but for the majority of the day it is just me and the little guy.  On top of that I sprained my knee pretty severely last night at work so I'm having a hard time moving around.  So we've spent the better part of the day trying to find him movies on Netflix while I browse blogs on my laptop.

We had Stake Conference today but with my knee hurting and the focus on getting the family out the door for Montana, I didn't make it over.  So I decided to spend some time watching the short videos on Mormon Messages to try and replenish some of the spirituality I missed out on.  They are all good and worth watching but one in particular touched my heart today and I wanted to share it here.

It was called Reclaimed, and it focuses on the reclamation of a landfill near the Idaho Falls Temple that through hard work and effort became an airport and beautiful park.  It is based upon a talk by Shayne M. Bowen given at October Conference in 2006.  His talk was titled; "The Atonement Can Clean, Reclaim, and Sanctify Our Lives"

The entire video is amazing so I don't need to add to much but one particular line really jumped out at me.  He shares a quote from Elder Packer given in 1995 that is also included in the Step 2 section of the LDS ARP Manual

“There is no habit, no addiction, no rebellion, no transgression, no apostasy, no crime exempted from the promise of complete forgiveness. That is the promise of the atonement of Christ”  




1 comment:

  1. I love this talk! I listened to it a lot when I first started recovery. The video version is fairly cool as that actually IS Idaho Falls! :) ~Stacey

    ReplyDelete