Friday, June 21, 2013

With God, I Can





It has been a good couple days.  I attended a wonderful recovery meeting last night and heard some powerful testimonies of recovery from some great men.  During one man's testimony he shared a quote that I found particularly inspiring.  It comes from a talk given by Elder Neil A. Anderson of the Quorum of the 12 and was given in the April 2010 Session of General Conference.  His talk was titled "Tell Me The Stories of Jesus"

Over the course of his talk he shares many stories of people who have clung to the Savior when dealing with trials and tragedy in their lives.  He shares one particular account of a missionary who lost his father in a tragic auto accident.  When asked what he remembered of his father, he shared 2 quotations that were among his father's favorites that he carries with him at all times.  One of those quotations was "Two men can do anything as long as one of them is the Lord."  

What a powerful testimony.  It is what makes the Atonement the greatest event that has ever taken place on this earth.  Because of the power and hope that it brings, I truly can overcome anything.  Any pain, any suffering, any illness, any addiction, any trial.  As long as the Savior is with me, I can overcome.  Not because of my own strength, but through humility and trust in Him.

~~~ Tim

1 comment:

  1. I love this! It is true! The Atonement also helps us accept the Will of God in our lives. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete