Thursday, May 30, 2013

My Bishop Is Awesome

So I have not been having the greatest week.  Every aspect of my life seemed shaken and unstable.  I was physically drained from working so much.  I was mentally drained from trying to finish my stupid project, and emotionally drained from life, financial and family struggles. 

I walked into my Bishop's office last night and just poured out.  I had no agenda, I had no plan going in.  I have been trying to meet with him regularly and this was a pre-arranged meeting that just happened to be at the exact time I needed it most.  He listened, he offered advice, he counseled, he taught principles and he laughed.  He is a good man.  He also shared an analogy that really helped me understand and appreciate one of the struggles I have been having lately.

I left his office feeling stronger, like I am able to go back out and fight.  I know that this is all worth it.  I know that there are ups and downs and good days and bad.  I also know that I am pretty dang lucky to have such a wonderful ally in my corner when the bad days come.  It was a powerful reminder that help is always there if I seek it out.  Be it directly from the Lord or through one of his servants, help is always available. 

~~~ Tim

2 comments:

  1. We really do have the best Bishop ever:-) Glad you are feeling better. I don't want you to feel beaten. I want to grow better together. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me think about a boxing match. You go to the corner, to your coach, for some words of encouragement before the alarm goes off signaling it's time to get back in the fight :)
    And I love your bishop too. Even though I don't know him. He sounds awesome. I'm glad he was so helpful.

    ReplyDelete