Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Hope

Hope

It's that sole ray of light in a dark, dreary room.
Filling the blackness in a moment's time.
It's the hand extended when I thought no one cared. 
Helping me over mountains I never thought I could climb.

It's an old friend calling I haven't heard from in years.
Just letting me know that I was on their mind.
Its the random stranger stopping to help,
When things are falling apart and I'm all out of time.

Its the hands of a loving Bishop resting on my head.
Opening windows to Heaven I had forgotten were there.
Its an afternoon spent with family and friends.
At the park or the lake or the ballpark or fair.

Life is so full of miracles that I sometimes forget.
There is so much goodness around me I fail at times to see.
Life can be so easy to take for granted at times.
I forget how many wonderful people care about me.

Satan wipes away goodness and replaces it with fear.
He takes infinite beauty and taints it with shame.
He tears apart relationships that took years to build.
And softly whispers that my life is broken and will never be the same.
Then when all seems lost and I almost give in.
I am reminded  that all I have to do is simply extend my hand.
The Savior can access even the darkest of rooms.
He softly reminds me of his Father's eternal plan.
Though I sometimes feel like there is no light at the end,
And feel like I have reached the end of my rope.
Help is never fleeting or out of my reach.
For the Lord has promised there will always be hope.


2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! Major chills as I read it. So so true. Lots of truth in this. There is ALWAYS hope, and His hand is ALWAYS extended. Will I take it? Thanks for this Tim!

    ReplyDelete