Friday, March 15, 2013

Today Is A Good Day


I had been stuck in a rut for a couple days.  I was letting the stress and uncertainty of life get on top of me.  I could tell it was a problem.  I recognized it, I just wasn't ready or willing to do anything about it.  Last night I went to my regular PASG meeting and it was wonderful.  Meetings bring so much hope and joy.  To be able to sit in a room with men who understand me, who have walked the path I walk, who are walking it right along side me.  It brings so much strength.  After the meeting Sidreis and I decided to sneak away to get some ice cream before going home.  It was a few moments together to just talk and enjoy life.  Suddenly I realized that I have so much to be grateful for in my life regardless of the trials that I encounter.

So I woke up today and made a conscious decision to have a good day. My outlook was different, my attitude was bright and today has been fabulous.  While reflecting on my circumstances I was reminded of a talk given by President Monson called "Finding Joy In The Journey".  As he always does, President Monson gives council through a wonderful assortment of personal experiences, testimony and examples from classic literature.  One particular quote stuck out to me as I pondered my current situation; 

Stresses in our lives come regardless of our circumstances. We must deal with them the best we can. But we should not let them get in the way of what is most important—and what is most important almost always involves the people around us. Often we assume that they must know how much we love them. But we should never assume; we should let them know. Wrote William Shakespeare, “They do not love that do not show their love.” 3 We will never regret the kind words spoken or the affection shown. Rather, our regrets will come if such things are omitted from our relationships with those who mean the most to us.
 It is so easy to forgot how blessed that I am.  How many truly amazing people are in my life.  I am married to an inspiring and incredible woman and together we are blessed with 3 beautiful boys.  I have parents and siblings that love me no matter how many times I fall.  I have a Bishop who has always been there for me.  I have in-laws who love and support me.  Most of all I have a loving Heavenly Father and a Savior who desperately want me to overcome my hurdles and be happy.  My life truly is wonderful when I stop and remember all that I have been blessed with.

Today is a good day, my friends!  Let's embrace it with both arms and not let go!
~~~ Tim

1 comment:

  1. I would say you are discovering the joys of life and intimacy! Pretty cool, huh?

    ReplyDelete