Friday, March 1, 2013

New Beginnings




So I arrived to work this morning and noticed on my desk calender that today is March 1st.  For whatever reason this just struck me as a new beginning.  I realized to myself that even though it is only the first day of the month it is a fresh start and a chance to face forward.  Looking back on the past month is very difficult to do and I am grateful to have February in my rear view mirror.  I truly hope that in time I will be able to look back at February 2013 as a time of growth, change and turning my life around, but right now it still feels like an open wound.

I now have a new month!

  • A month in which I am currently sober.
  • A month in which I have not betrayed my family.  
  • A month in which I have not lied to those I love or broken covenants.  
  • A month in which I am embracing the concept of reaching out and letting people love and support me.  
  • A month in which I am looking for chances to serve others and be guided by the Spirit.
  • A month in which I am facing forward and trying to control what I can and trust the rest to The Lord.
  • A month in which I have a good system in place to do my dailies and come closer to my Savior.
  • A month in which I have set goals and I am working hard to achieve them.
Yes, it is only the 1st day of the month.  But it is a fresh start and I am going to give my all to make it an amazing month.  I know that with the Lord's help and support that it CAN happen.

Here's to March!

My new beginning.

~~~ I Was Lost

2 comments:

  1. I like this and as I read it, I was reminded that we have a new beginning each day. Each day can be a fresh start. This is why I try to take it all day by day. Live today well. And then when tomorrow comes, live today well. Until I can one day look back at the stretch of months and years that I have lived well.

    Good luck with your new beginning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post:) I love the idea of a fresh start each month.

    ReplyDelete