Sunday, January 18, 2015

Broken Together

The last 24 hours has been complex. I have been sick and so my defenses are down and my emotions are close to the surface. Last night was particularly hard. When I am sick a little bit of the child in me comes out. I feel crappy and I want to be taken care of. I want to know that I matter to people. I want to feel safe and comfortable. So going up to my room alone was really difficult. I ended up calling one of my sponsors and then calling into a recovery phone meeting despite being desperately tired so I made it to bed safe and with a measure of serenity but it was difficult.

Things are better this morning even though I am feeling pretty crappy. So as part of my morning daily routine I was looking for an uplifting song. I ran across this song almost by accident. Of course in life very little happens by accident so I truly believe I was meant to find it and listen to it and drink in the hope that it embodies. This song very much describes how I feel in my marriage and in my relationship. The emotions, the pain, the struggles. It personifies how I feel. It gives me hope that things can be okay again someday even if I don't know when that someday might be. I believe that through the Atonement we can be broken, but together.






Broken Together by Casting Crowns

What do you think about when you look at me I know we're not the fairytale you dreamed we'd be

You wore the veil, you walked the aisle, you took my hand And we dove into a mystery

How I wish we could go back to simpler times Before all our scars and all our secrets were in the light

Now on this hallowed ground, we've drawn the battle lines Will we make it through the night?

Its going to take much more than promises this time Only God can change our minds

Maybe you and I were never meant to be complete Could we just be broken together?

If you can bring your shattered dreams and I'll bring mine Could healing still be spoken and save us?

The only way we'll last forever is broken together

How it must have been so lonely by my side We were building kingdoms and chasing dreams and left love behind

I'm praying God will help our broken hearts align And we wont give up the fight

2 comments:

  1. I love this song! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took a break from blogs for a little while. Some were triggering at a difficult time. I'm sorry I wasn't checking into your blog. I've told you before how much I enjoy your posts, but I am sorry I wasn't here too offer words of encouragement. You've needed encouragement and support. I hope you are feeling better from being sick. I'm so glad you and your son were able to connect during that time. I hope since meeting with the stake pres. you have not felt so much fear. I hope you are doing ok with your seperation. Know there are "friends" out here praying for you. (The only sad part about you having a blog is I can really connect to your words but you can't tell when those of us that read your words think about & pray for you, unless we tell you...so I'm telling you just so you know you have a cheering squad.)

    I LOVE this song! I heard it a few months ago on someone else's blog and it really resonated with me. (Who isn't broken to some extent? Sadly) I have attended add/recovery classes in the past, but haven't been for awhile and when I started reading you're blog it seemed to give me the same connection I usually feel towards most of those groups. My husband is the addict (I also have a teenage son & son in law that are) so I am a wife and mother that has experienced much from this kind of addiction. I do not have any addictions (I used to, to shopping & I probably still would if I could afford it!) But I have many weaknesses and shortcomings so I can relate with the addicts. Especially if they are honest and open about their journey and seeking recovery....I am able to feel alot of compassion and understanding through that. My husband isn't really seeking recovery. Our story is kind of odd. Maybe I will share sometime but it's not necessary right now. I'm middle aged so I feel a little motherly at times too, sorry (I have to be anonymous for now, I don't even have any accounts to log into.) My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete